COVID Diaries: One Day at a Time
COVID DIARIES: A Day in the Life
With no end in sight for the COVID-19 pandemic, many working and learning from home struggle to have a productive day while in close proximity to the comforts of their beds. Thankfully, there are a multitude of strategies to maximize the work day, even if it’s spent at home.
- Wake up at the same time everyday. This implements a routine, which, we all know is the key to a successful life–as explained in every psychology magazine ever.
- MAKE. YOUR. BED. Making your bed tells your body that now you are starting your day–it’s also just nice to have a clean workspace [not to mention you’d be less inclined to jump into it…].
- Separate your workspace and your rest space, working where you sleep is not only totally unproductive but also really hurts your sleep schedule!
- Eat. Get some food in your system. Feed your brain!! Salmon, walnuts, greens, etc.
- Get dressed– looking good means feeling good.
- Get to work–stop procrastinating and just do it.
- Walk. Take breaks. Then do some more work–after a break you gotta jump right back in.
- Write it down. Have you heard of to-do lists? You should have one by now.
- Get some rest–you do not look good with bags under your eyes.